Saturday, September 3, 2011

Simple Fresh Salsa


At the end of summer when we finally have tons of tomatoes in the garden, I don't mind living on this salsa. It is the perfect football food, and Josh makes it anytime the Utes are playing away. (Normally I detest everything about the sport except the food, but over the summer I have become a GIANT fan of football. And by "football" I am speaking of the TV series Friday Night Lights, which can be found on Netflix instant play-and is one of the best shows ever.) Josh and I each have our own ways of making the salsa-he likes it so spicy I have to take a drink after every bite, while I prefer super lime-y and salty (the technical measurement for the amount of salt I put in is: "buttload"), with perhaps one small pepper. 
It's super versatile and super addicting (I made it today to take to my sister-in-law's. Perhaps I shouldn't be snarfing it while I post this.), and also: HEALTHFUL. For real.


Simple Fresh Salsa
Serves 1 (me) - 6


2 lbs. ripe tomatoes, diced
1 red onion, diced 
1-3 jalapeno peppers, to taste
1-4 limes, to taste
1 Tbl.-1 buttload salt, to taste
Optional: handful of cilantro, chopped


tortilla chips, for serving


Mix ingredients in a large bowl, adjusting ingredients to taste.


No comments:

Post a Comment