Thursday, October 6, 2011

Butterscotch Apple Dip


This recipe comes from one of my very besties, Marci. Marci is the perfect hostess, and one night after a fancy dinner out with the kids to the high-class restaurant Shivers, 
she made this as a treat to snack on while we discussed topics such as: movies and cake.


Whenever Marci makes something in my presence, I pay very close attention, knowing I will want to have it again-like later on that night. This dip is best served warm (if it gets too cool, it gets a little stiff for dipping), and is the perfect flavor for fall.


A humorous incident involving Marci's daughter Gwen and apples:
While I was driving the carpool girls home from school the other day, we were discussing an apple activity they did at school where everybody brought either a red, yellow, or green apple from home.
Me: "Gweny, what is your favorite color of apple?"
Gwen: "Well, Gala's are always good-and so are Red Delicious. But I really like Braeburn too."
This child is 6. I don't think Dylan knew there was such a thing as "yellow apples" until this school activity.


Butterscotch Apple Dip
Serves 6


1 bag butterscotch chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon


Apple slices-around 6 apples (I used Gala, but I hear Braeburn's are really good too)


Combine the butterscotch chips and condensed milk in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat until melted. Add the vinegar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Serve with apple slices.

3 comments:

  1. Looks yummy-especially on a cold fall day like today! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous! and easy... Plus, any dip combined with apples means I eat more because I am eating healthy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me laugh for a solid minute. You're too kind, friend. I'm glad you like it! P.S. my cute neighbor was just telling me about another apple dip with toffee bits and cream cheese. Sounds heavenly. Maybe you already have a recipe??

    ReplyDelete